Round Rock SEO | The Modern Homepage
Table of Contents
Every website has a homepage. Think about yours for a second:
- Are you pleased with it?
- How does it rank against your competitors?
- How does it rank against websites that you stumble across on the web for relevant keywords?
- Did you pay a lot for it?
- Did you spend hours and hours on it?
- Did a Round Rock SEO Company build it for you?
- What about a web developer?
- How long has it been since you’ve updated even one page, let alone the whole site?
Your homepage is an incredibly valuable asset for your business. Even if it is not the targeted page you’re looking to rank for, you’re homepage will speak volumes to your clients and prospects.
As the Internet has evolved, so too has the search engine’s expectations and requirements of the website. The purpose of this blog post is to go over the differences between the old format of websites and what search engine algorithms are looking for in a website today.
If your website has not been updated in a year or more, the chances that you are suffering from one or more penalties is high. Even if you’re clear of penalties you may be using outdated methods that Internet prospects have evolved beyond. We are a Round Rock SEO Consultant and we will discuss our methods.
A Seminar with A TOP SEO in Round Rock
Let’s go over some of the more traditional methods for homepage. These are what you need to steer clear of and step away from.
OLD Promoting all types of site content on the homepage. Are you familiar with Yahoo.com? Do you know what the homepage looks like with tons of links in text and videos and calls to action? Does your site look like this? It should not. Back in the day, home pages were full of scattered content and business owners sought to put all types of page summaries and links on their homepage. Our first implementations of search engine optimization in Round Rock were like this.
- NEW In the modern era, we see websites that have just one particular strategy and goal. Browsing new sites you’ll find a one page design is highly common and the content on that page is extremely minimal. Companies are focusing visitors’ attention on one simple key call to action. The reason for this is simple. Our attention spans have been squandered as the web has gotten smarter. When we see those old webpages with tons of different things going on, get visually overwhelmed, so we click the back button and go to a new search result.
- OLD Does your webpage aim to speak to all potential visitors? Back in the day the homepage was designed to be one-size-fits-all. This caused our main message to become blurred as we attempted to speak to all types of audiences in one fell swoop. Before we spoke to professional service business owners, we were a SEO Company in Round Rock that targeted everyone!
- NEW Our current implementations of home pages and websites seek to focus on our clients’ most important customer. Targeting this primary audience allows you to communicate in your most effective language. Additionally, zooming in to your primary audience allows you to increase your conversion and engagement rates.
- OLD When SEOs first started optimizing small and medium-sized businesses, we were trying to get as many keywords onto the homepage as possible. The goal was to rank the homepage for every single target keyword. This caused the homepage to become long and full of content. As we saw in the last example, we want a minimal approach to the homepage. When it comes to local Round Rock SEO, this strategy doesn’t cut it anymore.
- NEW The new optimized home page is seen by Google and search engines as part of comprehensive whole website. The search engine algorithms considers the target keywords for all pages and the homepage alike. Grouping them altogether there is no need to optimize each page and especially the homepage for targeted keywords. We suggest that each specific page targets one key topic or a small subset of your industry. Most successful websites homepage is very simple and often is rich with branded terms.
SEO Round Rock | The Modern HomepageRound Rock SEO Company
Home pages Matter For Conversion in Texas
Before you do anything to grow and develop your SEO Strategy, make sure you look into a membership with the Chamber of Commerce. They don’t have many digital marketing resources, but they do know how to help to local service providers. For example, we were recently listed with an agency directory here in Austin. Seeking these internet properties can be a valuable asset.
Less Text is More
- OLD Classic home pages have tons of text. We originally believed in selling a prospect on the entirety of our services on the homepage. Our first “Round Rock SEO Pros” website was full of words. More than this blog post even!
- NEW Now we believe in communicating quickly, efficiently, and effectively. Most often the homepage will be video, image, or otherwise visually dominant. Our call to action and value proposition it’s highlighted in minimal terms. Most modern home pages that are converting at a high rate will be very simple compared to traditional home pages.
The Expert Agency Explains Home Pages
- OLD Does your webpage aim to speak to all potential visitors? Back in the day the homepage was one-size-fits-all. This caused the message to become blurred as we attempted to speak to all types of audiences in one swift to go.
- NEW Our current implementations of home pages and websites seeks to focus on our clients’ most important customer. Targeting this primary audience allows you to communicate in your most effective language. Additionally, zooming in to your primary audience allows you to increase your conversion and engagement rates. As a Round Rock SEO Expert, this is how we build and implement new strategies.
- OLD Previously the industry believed that keeping things above the fold was crucial to gaining a prospects’ attention. We used to jam pack our message into the top of the webpage keeping the content under the fold to a minimum.
- NEW Simply browsing new websites will show that content is being distributed across the long single page format. placing content sporadically throughout a long home webpage is what we shoot for. The goal here on the first fold is to draw the eye down the webpage and guide the prospect into consuming the full webpage.
Are you considering a new home page now? What about your overall SEO strategy? Visit our other blog posts for more information on top strategies. Our local Round Rock SEO page is a great page to start. There are also other blog posts on linking and another post on our recent press release for Round Rock SEO Services!