Engage Twitter Audience With These Effective Boosting Tactics
How do you increase your visibility, your followers, and your sales? How can you reach your target audience without having to create a lot of content or relying on a content marketing team? How can you promote your business through unforced, natural-looking posts in social media?
Kris Ruby, the CEO of Ruby Media Group (a public relations and social media agency), wrote in her blog that according to studies, 72% of Twitter users are more likely to convert into buyers from businesses they follow compared to businesses they do not. But with only 140 characters to tantalize the viewer’s attention, Twitter requires more skills in establishing your company as an industry leader.
This is why learning the different tactics to help increase audience engagement is a weapon you must wield effectively before starting your Twitter campaign, or on any social media platform for that matter. Before we break down three of the most effective tactics there are today, let’s tap into how customer engagement is calculated.
How The Interactions Are Measured
From a post by Ana Gotter, she wrote: “Twitter Analytics can provide most of the reporting that you need. You can find your analytics by clicking on your profile picture in the right-hand corner and selecting 'Analytics' in the drop down. Under Twitter’s Analytics, you can see data on your:
- Number of impressions over a 28 day period.
- Your engagement rate over a 28 day period (which divides your number of engagement by your impressions).
- Which of your tweets got the most engagement.
- What types of engagement you’re getting (you can find this by clicking on specific tweets).
- Your average number of link clicks, retweets, likes, and replies a day.
- The number of video views your videos have gotten (this is still in beta).
- Conversion tracking, which will track interaction and responses to your Twitter Ads."
Once you have these numbers on your computer screen you can begin to select which tactics will mostly help you ignite customer interaction that would certainly lead to sales conversion. Here are three of the top sales tactics we use at www.neovora.com/, try them out and see for yourself:
Twitter didn’t invent the pound sign, or the ‘hashtag’ icon which became popular and is widely used today. It has been proven that using a hashtag can double user engagement rate, which also helps users to easily find trending topics on the site. This icon is also a great way for anyone to join in a conversation that is already happening or to simply organize a conversation like a Twitter chat. Here’s a few tips on creating a good hashtag:
- Aim for a something memorable, unique, and relevant to the content.
- Use no more than two tags per post. Studies show more than 2 can actually drop your engagement by an average of 17%
- Always use one when participating in Twitter chats.
2. Pin Tweets To Boost Top Posts
Is there a way to keep one tweet at the top of your profile for as long as you need to? Well, of course yes! Pin an important or informative tweet for your followers to see. It’s very simple and easy yet the boosting effect is a smashing hit. Just click the “…” icon on the tweet you want to pin and select “Pin to your profile page.” Neovora has several blogs that can help you promote your brand on social media. Or check out these tips:
- Select and pin a tweet with an eye catching image to boost retweet by 35%.
- Add a strong call-to-action line since this will serve as an advertisement on your profile, which is totally free.
- And by adding a URL in the pinned tweet, you’ll get 86% more engagement.
3. Emoticons Are Cute
A plain block of text, no matter how short it is, can look boring and uninteresting. Consider breaking up the texts with emoticons. These colorful variety of characters and symbols shows playfulness which can give your brand a bit of personality. Some statistics show that emoticons can boost the comment and share rate of your posts. It can also help increase favorites up to 57%.