Exclusive Leads Vs Shared | Pay Per Call Local Lead Generation
Looking for information on shared leads instead of exclusive leads?
Let’s say that you’re a home improvement contractor for one of these industries:
- Air conditioning and heating
- Tree service
There are many online directory companies out there looking to sell their own home improvement lead generation service, and you know them well from their oftentimes aggressive marketing, that will sell leads to your industry catered specific to your location. Some of these online directories include:
- Home Advisor
- Angies List
They all sell you shared leads. We don’t believe in shared leads. They’re complex, inconvenient, and ultimately push prices down. We only supply exclusive leads.
What is the Difference between Local Lead Generation Types?
Shared Leads in Your Local Area (and why they’re trash)
Shared Lead Model
Depending on the vertical or industry, these buyers are most of the time a mix between national and local buyers. Shared leads can increase competition between buyers since lead contact data is sold to multiple buyers, but they are usually also sold at a cheaper price than exclusive leads. This allows buyers to buy more volume. If buyers have a strong brand and an optimized sales process, this lead model may work much better for them, since brand awareness is high and they have structures in place to manage lead follow-up and nurturing. These are important aspects when it comes to converting shared leads into sales.
A shared lead works like this:
- Client opts into a lead generation site.
- Lead generation site supplies all contractors with the leads.
- Local contractors call lead and offer their service.
- One contractor ends up with the business (maybe).
Breakdown of shared leads:
- Leads are cheaper (and often less prepared to buy).
- Leads are more voluminous.
- Leads are SHARED with your local competition (and you will have to battle it out for the privilege to serve that customer).
- Leads can often be lost by not getting to the prospect first.
- Customers get to watch companies drop their prices to battle for their business.
Shared leads are great for businesses that have low prices, large marketing budgets, and cunning sales teams who can convert leads at a higher percentage than the local competition.
We don’t like this model. We want to send clients DIRECTLY to your phone with our pay per call lead generation strategies.
Exclusive Local Contractor Leads
Exclusive Lead Model
…Lead data is only sold to a single buyer. In theory, there is no competition (although nothing is stopping consumers to submit multiple quotes through different lead gen channels). The most common example of an exclusive lead is a live transfer, e.g. through Click-to-Call. Although there is less competition when it comes to exclusive leads, buyers are also less likely to be selective about leads they buy.
Breakdown of exclusive leads:
- Leads are more expensive (yet ROI is way higher than shared).
- Leads are less voluminous (yet convert at a higher rate).
- Leads are directly funneled to your phones (and they reach out to you).
- Lead quality is higher, and less jaded (not having been called by 5 local contractors).
- Leads don’t necessarily care if you have newer brand reputation.
Exclusive leads are the real deal. And we set them up for you on a per call basis. What we offer with Call Adrenaline:
- Instant Results – Leads start calling in 1-2 days
- Hyper-Targeted – Leads want the exact products and services you offer
- Exclusive To You – Leads go straight to you and only you
- Flexible Package Leads – Choose the amount of leads you want
- Zip-Code Radius – Leads come from only the service area you choose
Click to learn How it works and see how you can scale your business.