Automation Tools For SEO Albany
Table of Contents
In this post, the expert SEO Albany Company discusses one of our favorite free web tools, IFTTT and the several ways you can use it to improve your rankings.But let’s start with the basics. What is IFTTT?
Here is the Wikipedia definition:
“IFTTT is a free web-based tool that allows users to create chains of simple conditional statements, called “recipes”, which are triggered based on changes to other web services such as Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest. IFTTT is an abbreviation of “If This Then That”
But what does this really mean?
Why IFTTT Is A Powerful Tool For SEO And Social Media Marketing
SEO Albany Expert Talks Automation Tools
SEO Albany Expert And Automation Tools
It’s a simple way to automate tasks such as posting to social media and Web 2.0 properties. Let’s take a quick example. Every time you update your Facebook status you can have a post of that exact status on other channels such as Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn.
This is one of the main benefits of IFTTT, automation. Instead of having to post to 5 different social media networks you can only do it once and IFTTT does the posting to the other social accounts.
There are more tools that do the sane but there are several reasons why here at Neovora Albany we like IFTTT so much. For a search engine optimization services firm, its crucial that we are transparent with out clients.
- There are more than 330 channels you can use and their list keeps growing. Among them our favorite blogging channels Tumblr, Medium, and WordPress. Of course, you don’t need all of them, but this gives you the flexibility to choose and automate so much.
- It’s easy to use. There are more tools out there, but they can be slightly more complex. IFTTT is simple. All you have to do is add the channels you want to use (eg. Facebook Pages), then the trigger “This” (eg. New status message on page) and then the “That” (eg.Post a Tweet).
- You can’t go wrong with it, and even if you do it’s easy to fix. To add to its ease of use, even if a recipe doesn’t work it’s really easy to troubleshoot it or just delete it and create a new one without affecting all other recipes.
- You can use it for video syndication to supercharge and promote your YouTube or Vimeo videos. Every time you post a video in one of your favorite video platforms a post is created across all social media networks. Talk about reach and exposure.
- It’s great for link building. With RSS syndication every time a new blog post is up, a link back to your site is created across powerful Web 2.0 with very high Domain Authority.
- You can achieve more with less. Both for video and blog syndication you can pass the same message to multiple Web properties, and communicate with a larger audience with minimum effort.
- Did I mention it’s 100% FREE? Of course, you or your team will have to spend some time setting it up, creating your business accounts, the recipes, testing that the content is syndicated properly to all channels, but after that very little to zero maintenance is required.
Interested in learning more about how you can use IFTTT to improve your rankings? Stay tuned, this is only the first post in a series on how to leverage this awesome tool.
Learn More About The Expert SEO Agency In Albany
If this was helpful for you, we also have a wealth of knowledge in other blog posts. These posts help small and medium sized businesses learn about how to leverage the internet to acquire leads! Posts like: On Page SEO in Albany NY, Off Page SEO, and even our SEO Albany Company Press Release.